Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandpa Neal (Dad)

Today is my Dad's birthday and I just want to say how grateful and lucky I am to have him as my dad. I remember growing up how much I loved to be around him. I loved to play tricks on him, like hiding in the coat closet to scare him. I loved riding to and from school with him and nothing compares to the day we rolled the VW on snowy roads and he pulled three girls out, each registering her comment which included, "I lost my shoe, I smashed your sandwich and my library book got wet and I am going to be in trouble." I loved riding home from school with my dad and I remember all the conversations we had and when I got old enough to drive I missed those conversations. I remember one drive to school on a snowy day when we picked up at least 8 other kids on the highway on the way to school because the bus didn't come it was crazy fun. I am so grateful for all that he taught me on the basketball court and it was always done with such finesse that I never felt criticized on enlightened. I really don't think I could say enough good about him then.
Now, as I have watched all 16 grandchildren take the coveted ride on grandpa's shoulders, I am truly grateful for the love he had for all of us. We kid that the grandkids have grandpa wrapped around their little fingers but I think that goes both ways as the grandkids would do anything for their grandpa.
So, Dad/ Grandpa, Hope that you have and wonderful birthday with many more to come.
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment