Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Can you believe it?

We were talking with some friends yesterday when I realized that it was exactly two years ago that we made the big move to Utah. For the most part, it has been a good thing and we have all adjusted quite well. I have to say that living where we do with the amazing views has definitely been enjoyable. After going home to Oakley for my class reunion, I am reminded of why I like it here, plain and simple, living in the this part of Utah reminds me of home, and that is probably why we have adjusted so well.
I think, however, the hardest part to this adjustment is that I still miss my Chubbuck friends (you know who you are). If we could just get those husbands of yours to find jobs in my neck of the woods, I would house hunt for you all in a minute and then life here would be perfect.
I am amazed that it is has actually been 2 years. So much has happened,
1) Sakoya will be a seventh grader with all the class changes ect and she goes to Young Women's,
2) Saige has been 2 years seizure free and will go in a for an EEG in September to see if we can kick the meds, she is also growing like a weed and is catching up to Koya rather quickly,
3) Denali was starting preschool when we moved and will now start 1st grade next week,
4) Derringer will be going to preschool and has finally found a friend who lives just a couple of doors down (this is great news for him, he needs boy interaction),
5) Wynter, who hadn't even made her appearance before the move is definitely a mover and a shaker now, we love to turn on the music and watch her dance (we laugh at her moves).
Jeramy's job is going great and is the best part of the move, his stress levels from work dropped so much with the hospital job that life is much easier now.
I am sure that there will be more trials to come but I am grateful to say that we survived the first two years quite well and hope that there will be many more to come in this great valley.

1 comment:

  1. It must be time to move back to Idaho. We have spent our time here and it is time to pay lower hunting fees in Idaho. Robyn tells me we are here for at least 8-10 years. I am ready to go back to Idaho. Utah drives me crazy. We sat in traffic going 2 m.p.h. for almost an hour yesterday.
    Jeramy

    ReplyDelete