Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tankini Dilemma

Here is the dilemma, Sakoya and Saige were both wanting a tankini this summer and I could not find any that suited my need for covering their cute little bodies. My sister found a website that is called limericki which has very modest tankinis with not so modest (cheap) prices. I loved them but couldn't afford them. Needless to say I was trying to think of a way to do it when we were at Lagoon a beach one day and I saw a tankini that had a ruffle on the bottom. I then started looking online and found some at Old Navy that I thought I could make work. We went into SLC one night and found the blue and white striped top on clearance for $4 and we came home and I ordered the rest.
Here is a picture of the before tankinis. Too short waisted for my girls.


Here is a picture after when I cut out the center and added another strip about 3" in the middle of the top. I bought an extra top and cut it up to make it work.

Needless to say, they now have tankinis that are now longer and more covering than the rest of the Old Navy tops.
Each suit, top and bottom cost about $12.50 plus some shipping and handling costs. Not to shabby I say.
I think they turned out pretty good and the girls like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment