Sunday, February 1, 2009

NATA Convention

A couple of weeks ago I got this phone call from the NATA (National Athletic Trainers Assoc) and the guy on the other end was real nice and talking to me about renewing my membership online. He talked for a while about the prizes for they were giving away to those who renewed online and I thought "Oh cool, I won free registration to the convention." The more he talked the more I didn't understand everything he was telling me then all the sudden it clicked and I said, "DID I WIN THE GRAND PRIZE?" He then explained that I really had won the grand prize which included free airfare, free hotel and registration to the convention, which by the way is in San Antonio. I was so excited by the time I got off the phone I missed the last half of the conversation with the guy and was totally left wondering if it had been some sort of joke because, let's get real here I have never won anything this exciting in my whole life. (This is part of the reason I have not included this on the blog yet nor have I told very many people, I had to make sure this was all for real.) Well, it is very real and they posted my name of the NATA website as the grand prize winner and I have talked to them since to make arrangements for my hotel and airfare.
After I got off the phone with the guy, danced around for about 20 minutes acting, according to Denali, more that a little crazy but it was just so cool. Needless to say I will be spending my week in San Antonio free in June. I have to say sorry to Kim, my friend who lives in San Antonio, because I am bummed that I will not get to stay at her house, but who am I to pass up on the free hotel.
So life is good, I am currently trying to convince Jeramy that we should use the money saved for one of two things, 1) a cruise to somewhere warm next fall/ winter or 2) a trip to San Diego with the kids again with time to visit Aunt Tauna in there.
Well, enough of my good news. Take care and miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment